While following the strict Candida diet plan, you will have to be very specific on the type of food that you eat. While refined carbs and sugars are simply not allowed, there are some food products that work well with a Candida diet plan and provide better and faster results. Here is a Candida diet food list that you must get in your pantry before starting the diet plan.
Vegetables for Candida diet food list:
- Buy broccoli and cabbage as your best friends for fighting against the Candida infection.
- Additionally include fresh tomatoes, cucumber, avocados, celery and spinach in your diet.
- Asparagus, Brussels sprouts, zucchini, kale and cauliflower can be used as well.
Meat and Fish for Candida diet food list:
- Chicken and salmon should always be ready in your refrigerator. Salmon has essential Omega-3 acids that kill the Candida overgrowth and provide ample nutrition to your body.
- Beef, lamb and turkey can also be used.
- Eggs, whether boiled or used as omelets, are great. You can make vegetable omelets or use them with avocados as a perfect breakfast.
Nuts for Candida diet food list:
- Almonds and coconuts are good to be used at this time.
- Pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds can be used after light roasting.
- Flax seeds are however the best choice at this time as they are gentle on the digestive system.
Grains for Candida diet food list:
- Oats and brown rice should be used.
- Buckwheat and quinoa are also good. You can even make a quinoa meatloaf or use buckwheat with egg whites to start your day.
Herbs and Seasonings for Candida diet food list:
- Garlic, ginger, oregano and thyme are you best partners. They kill the Candida overgrowth significantly by improving your digestion. Moreover, these herbs have a warming effect on the body because of which the blood circulation improves.
- You can also use basil, nutmeg, cinnamon and cilantro.
- Use apple cider vinegar, black pepper, cayenne pepper and lemon juice for extra flavor.
Oils for Candida diet food list:
- Use olive oil and coconut oil. They can be used either for cooking or for salad dressings.
- Sesame oil, safflower oil and ghee can also be used.
Beverages for Candida diet food list:
- Herbal teas like ginger tea, cinnamon tea, licorice tea and chamomile tea are great.
- If you are a coffee fan, use chicory root coffee. The chicory root can boost up the natural population of the good bacteria in your stomach and it contains insulin as well.